Cookies are small snippets of data a website may store on your computer to record basic information, such as visitor preferences. Cookies are used to track usage patterns, traffic trends and visitor behaviour. They are also sometimes used by online applications to improve user functionality.
When you visit one of the websites owned by Dunguaire Castle or Galway County Council, the following types of cookies can be set on your device.
- Performance cookies
- These cookies are used to collect statistical information about visitors of the website and the pages they view. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information collected is aggregated and used anonymously. We use these cookies to understand what content is popular which helps us to improve our website.
- We use Google Analytics to provide this service which is an analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). The information stored in the cookie is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States and then used to evaluate visitors’ use of our website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for us. You can find out more information about Google Analytics here. Further information on Google Analytics, including how to opt-out, is also available here at the Google Analytics Help Centre.
- Functional cookies
- These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced and more personal features.
- Other third party cookies
- Some cookies that have been set on our websites are not related to Dunguaire Castle or our partners. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Facebook, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. We do not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.