Customer Service Charter
Dunguaire Castle is a management company operating a range of Day Visitor Attractions and Evening Entertainments in the Dunguaire Castle and is a subsidiary Galway County Council.
The Dunguaire Castle attractions ensure both overseas and domestic visitors have a memorable experience in addition to promoting tourism for Dunguaire Castle and region.
The mission of Dunguaire Castle is to manage the Attraction and Entertainments in a financially sustainable way and at the same time contribute to the overall tourism industry of the Region.
Our Service Commitment:
Dunguaire Castle is committed to using the principles of Quality Customer Service and Business excellence in all its operations and interaction with customers. Our charter sets out our commitment and the standards of service we aim to provide and applies to everyone who has contact with Dunguaire Castle including:
- Members of the public
- Tour Operators & Travel Agents
- Corporate Companies
- Other Organisations
- Sponsors and Advertisers
We are committed to providing a high quality professional service which satisfies all customer enquiries by giving clear, consistent, accurate and prompt information, a memorable visitor experience and a warm friendly welcome.
We are committed to:
- Maintaining a professional manner
- Being courteous and helpful
- Listening carefully
- Providing clear and accurate information
- Responding to enquiries and requests promptly
- Being transparent and accountable
- Being sensitive to special needs
- Advising of all relevant timescales
- Apologising if we make a mistake
- Continuously striving to improve our service standards
Timeliness and Courtesy
Our key pervasive theme is to provide a consistent, friendly and hospitable service that leaves our customers feeling they have had a unique and enjoyable experience. We are committed to providing our services in a polite and helpful way.
To ensure that customers obtain the highest standard of service:
- Staff are required to always greet customers and be helpful, friendly and courteous to them.
- Staff are required to be responsive whether its by phone, E mail or in person.
- All front-line staff are given induction training and ongoing assistance in giving top quality customer service.
- Correspondence requiring response will be acknowledged immediately and responded to in full within a week of receipt.
- All correspondence will carry a contact name and telephone number.
All information provided by Dunguaire Castle to customers will be in a clear, simple and accurate format.
Promote an ethos of Equality and Diversity & official Language Equality
All customers have the right to the same standard of quality customer services. This is ensured through our compliance with The Equal Status Act 2000. We will strive to meet these expectations through the Irish Language.
We will strive to provide safe, clean and accessible facilities which facilitate those with disabilities and specific needs.
Consultation and Evaluation
Dunguaire Castle strives to consult regularly with customers and partners in order to focus on key requirements of our customers.
In our response to customers stakeholders’ requirements we will endeavor to provide a variety of choice in our service delivery.
We value the expertise of all our employees and continuously strive to ensure that they have the opportunity to grow and develop to their full potential in order to deliver our services professionally and effectively.
We are proactive in our partnership approach to ensuring a co-ordinated and integrated approach to service delivery.
Complaints and Appeals
We are committed to dealing with any complaints in an open, courteous and transparent manner as outlined in our Complaints and Appeals Procedure which is outlined below.
Complaints and Appeals Procedure
It is Dunguaire Castle’s objective to provide a high quality of service in a professional, efficient and effective manner. If you feel that you haven’t received the best possible standard possible we would like you to tell us so we can continually improve our service.
If it is not possible to resolve a complaint directly with our member of staff, and you wish to make a formal complaint we request that you use the procedure outlined below, to ensure that the complaint is dealt with effectively and efficiently.
If you feel that your issue or complaint was not dealt with adequately at the time of making it then there is a complaints procedure. Complaints should be sent in writing either by letter or E mail to the manager of Sales and Marketing who is based at Dunguaire Castle.
If you are still not satisfied with our response and action then an appeal can be made in writing to any other senior manager or to the Chief Executive. The Chief Executive will ask another senior manager to form a small panel to consider the appeal. If considered of a substantially serious nature a third senior manager will be asked to join that appeals panel.
Once the appeal form has been received:
- We will acknowledge your appeal within 5 days of receipt
- The Committee will investigate your complaint and complete a response or report on their findings;
- You will receive a full written response within 20 working days of us receiving your letter, or we will tell you about any delay and give you a new date for when you should receive a response;
You can help us by:
- Ensuring we have all the relevant information
- Telling us how we can improve our services